Grand Rapids Youth Toastmasters Club
The Village of Heather Hills Meeting Room
1055 Forest Hills Ave. Grand Rapids MI 49546
The club was established to allow people who are younger than 18 years old in all Grand Rapids communities to learn public speaking skills and leadership skills in a supportive and positive environment. The goal is to improve members’ self-confidence, communication, and leadership skills. The benefits of becoming a member of Grand Rapids Youth Toastmasters Club are:
- Learning public speaking skills in a safe supporting environment, no ridicules, just support
- Learning leadership skills from Sergeant at Arms, Secretary, Treasurer, VP of Membership (marketing), VP of Education (operations) to President (people skills)
- Public speaking skills can be certified by Toastmasters International after giving 10 speeches.
- Leadership skills can be certified by Toastmasters International after completing the leadership book.
- Opportunity to take on club leadership positions via annual election.
- All learning is self-paced, not exams or deadlines.
- The skills and experience learned can put on your high school resume.
Club Dues: $60 per year in March of each year. Prorated the first year. Competent Communicator book:$8 Competent Leader Book:$8
Counselor: Shane Sievers 616-484-3501 email: email@example.com
Advisor: Nancy Tuohy DTM 616-648-0095 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting dates and time
Every first and third Monday of the month from 6:30pm to7:30pm.
Location: 1055 Forest Hills Ave. Grand Rapids MI 49546 -Community Room
Parking: the south lot off Forest Hills Ave past the main entrance entering at Medical Park drive
Facility Rules: As a guest, you are asked to be courteous and respectful. When entering and exiting the building, please keep your voice down. During the meeting time, please stay close to the meeting room and don’t wander to other parts of the building. Thanks for your cooperation.