See how Verity set herself up for success in the World Championship of Public Speaking Contest.
Please see the District Leadership Committee report.
We recognize the members of our 2021-2022 committee for the hard work and dedication they did to vet these exceptional candidates. Thank you for your service to the members in District 62.
The candidates will be featured on our website, 62toast.com, in the Candidate Corner and and on a live Candidate Showcase. The Candidate Showcase is scheduled for 4/28/2022 from 6:00 – 6:45 PM (UTC-4). Each candidate will have an opportunity to speak before the vote occurs. All members will have access to the Candidate Corner via the website and the online Candidate Showcase will be by registration only.
Avar Laws-WrightDistrict, D62 Director 2021-2022
Lead Where You Are!
It takes an incredible number of leaders to plan the annual District Conference. Each position is integral to the success of the conference and each Toastmaster can receive important credit towards Pathways and DTM awards. Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded!
SAVE THE DATE!
April 29 – 30
Congratulations to these Toastmasters who have volunteered to help:
- Candidates Showcase Chair: Lisa Waalkes
- Conference Co-Chair: James Lemke
- Conference Co-Chair: Barb Sheren
- Contest Chair: Lavon Compton
- Credentials Chair: Steve Larsen
- Directors Reception Chair: Laura St. Louis
- DTM Ceremony Chair: Carole Prahinski
- Education Chair: Bruce Racalla
- Entertainment Chair: Sherry Campbell
- Finance Chair: Amy Moored
- First Timers Chair: Jordan Hubert
- Fundraising Chair: Joanie Thomas
- Hospitality Chair: Robin Kaczanowski
- Outreach Chair: Kyle Bross
- Publicity Chair: Lock Lyon
- Registration Chair: Kelly Stetser
- Sergeant at Arms: Curt Mencer
- Zoom Chair: Nyrhe Royal
It’s not too late! You can help by joining one of the committees listed above.
Contact James or Barb to get more information about the conference.
by Laura St. Louis, IPDD
8 Positions Open
The time has come for us to nominate District Leaders for the 2022-2023 year. The elected positions are the District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and five Division Directors. In order to be nominated you must meet the following qualifications at the time of taking office:
- The District Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, Division Director, or a combination of these.
- The Program Quality Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, a Club Growth Director, a Division Director, an Area Director, or a combination of these.
- The Club Growth Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, a Club Growth Director, a Division Director, an Area Director, or a combination of these.
- All five Division Directors must have served at least six consecutive months as a member of a District Council.
Helen Blanchard was the first female International President of Toastmasters. She said “If you get out of Toastmasters all there is to get out of Toastmasters, you will never get out of Toastmasters.” Whether or not you have thought about District Leadership, I strongly recommend you consider it. I guarantee you will not regret what you learn during the process.
What I Got Out of Toastmasters
Joining Toastmasters was my destiny. Over the past 7 years I have held all club officer roles. I planned club open houses, speech contests, Leadership Institutes and a Spring Conference. As a leader, I found out how to organize, problem solve, provide constructive feedback, and lead meetings. Many skills were gained in critical thinking, networking, relationship building, succession planning, and strategic planning. As a district leader, I have learned to budget on a larger scale, plan events, motivate, and inspire those around me. These are life skills that I apply to my career and personal relationships every day. These are universal skills that will also benefit you.
If you are interested in becoming an elected officer, contact Laura St. Louis at IPDD@62toast.com.
These are the documents that the voters should review before the District Council Meeting. Please open or download these 3 items and review so you can vote with confidence on each item.